On The Subject Of Me
I built my first website in 1996, but I didn’t become a full-time web developer until 2003. 2003 was also the year that I started my first company, an unnamed bootstrapped startup with a friend to farm and sell online currency in the Final Fantasy 11 computer game. I ran a 12 computer server-farm that played the game, accruing in-game currency for my partner to sell to other players. I learned that scripting games is both lucrative and rewarding, but ultimately unsustainable, since games are transitive and economies are finicky.
Aside from programming, my passions lie in video games, sports, traveling, and backpacking. I hope to one day start a video game production company and travel to space.
About This Site
All code on this site is under the MIT License, and can be re-used and modified for your projects, as long as you reference this site as the source.
Please DonateThis site is not free to maintain, and I spend a lot of time writing/developing meaningful content for you. If you find the content useful (and would like to see more) or you’re feeling generous, please send a little love my way by donating. Every cent goes to paying for servers and improving your experience.
Questions, Comments, Violent Dissent?
- Django HTML5 Boilerplate · An up-to-date HTML5 Boilerplate port to Django. There is also a mobile friendly solution, Django HTML5 Mobile Boilerplate.
- Django-Shared · A collection of useful Django tools and template architecture.
- Votizen.com · Connect with your voting friends and elect candidates that share your values
- YUI 2.X Cookbook · Over 70 simple and effective recipes for taking control of YUI like a Pro
- YUI Storage · An x-browser and backwards compatible implementation of HTML 5 local/session storage
- Mint.com · The best free way to manage your finances online